Wednesday 20 February 2013

Tangle Teezer Review




























Hi, here is my review of the Tangle Teezer Brush. I recently bought this on the feel unique website for £10.20 which some may find to be a tad expensive but I have incredibly tangly hair and wanted something to help. My hair literally takes 20 - 30 minutes to brush when wet which hurts your arms and obviously means I have to allow extra time to get ready. I have even been known to tie my hair up in  a bun in a bid to only brush some of it - especially if I'm up or running late! At the hairdressers no comb goes near my hair. Combs, wide tooth, narrow tooth, any tooth are enemies with my hair. In fact they tangle my hair more than before I use one so I simply don't. I once went to a blow dry salon in London and it took two people to brush through my hair! So I thik you're starting to understand how tangly my hair can get!

Here are the claims the brush makes - 

'Tangle Teezer Original Professional Detangling Hairbrush is loved by hairdressers and used in professional hair salons. It's a super smooth operator that works the minute hair is lathered and rinsed. Glides through wet, vulnerable and colour treated hair with no pulling, tugging or yanking. Hair peace at last!
- Ideal for all hair types.
- Gentle, effortless detangling for both wet and dry hair.
- Increases shine noticeably.
'
- From the feel unique product page.


When I read this I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to arrive.

So, does it do what it claims?

In a word - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!

I used it on wet hair and it took less than 5 minutes to brush through nicely which is amazing for me. I used it on dry hair, which was slightly tangled from wearing a scarf, and went through my hair easily. The result was untangled smoother hair. I was delighted. 

 The only fault with the description for me was the no pulling tugging or yanking. I would change this to significantly decreased pulling, tugging or yanking. It's so slight and it doesn't hurt like it used to but it did happen occasionally.

Although it is early days I don't imagine I'll be reverting to any other brush after discovering the tangle teezer. It works wonders and I definitely recommend it. 10/10

Has anyone else used it? Or do you have any other recommendations for me to try?
Maria x










This is where a normal comb gets stuck in my hair!



After using the Tangle Teezer - so pleased with the results!




8 comments:

  1. the brush looks so pretty (: i have not used a tangle teezer before but i am going to!

    xx S.
    http://sunsetswings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have loads of different colours but I really wanted the glittery one! Definitely worth a buy. Maria x

      Delete
  2. i got the orange tangle teezer a few weeks ago now and it is such a lifesaver!! completely agree with the post - it's just brilliant! :) great review!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love it too, I will now be taking it to the hairdressers for them to use on me! Maria x

      Delete
  3. I bought this too and I bought the primark one too to compare, but there is no comparison the Tangle Teezer is amazing xx great blog by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so tempted to get one of these, I am naughty and use a bristley brush on my wet hair! Tut tut!

    Love your blog, am a new follower from Twitter! x
    lifehighslowsandgarb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow. I really recommend getting one, my hair is much easier to manage now! Maria x

      Delete